Introduction Flying from Athens to Santorini
it is a popular way to travel between two of Greece’s most beautiful destinations. With several airlines offering flights, getting to Santorini from Athens is easy. This complete travel guide will tell you everything you need to know about flying from Athens to Santorini.
Flights from Athens to Santorini
Several airlines offer flights from Athens to Santorini, including Aegean Airlines, Olympic Air, and Ryanair. Flights can take 35 minutes to an hour, depending on the airline. The prices for flights can vary, but they typically range from around EUR30 to EUR100, depending on the time of year and how far in advance you book.
Some Important Tips for Travel:
- Pack light: If you’re only going to be in Santorini for a few days, consider packing light and bringing only a carry-on bag. This can save you money on baggage fees and make it easier to get around the island.
- Check the weather: Santorini can get very hot during the summer months, so make sure to check the weather forecast before you go. It’s also a good idea to pack sunscreen, a hat, and sunglasses to protect yourself from the sun.
- Book your accommodation in advance: Santorini is a popular destination, and accommodation can fill up quickly during peak season. To avoid disappointment, book your accommodation in advance.
- Explore the island: Santorini has a lot to offer, from stunning beaches to ancient ruins. Take some time to explore the island and discover its hidden gems.
- Try the local cuisine: Santorini is known for its delicious food, so make sure to try some of the local specialties, such as fava, tomato keftedes, and white eggplant. You can also visit one of the island’s many wineries and sample some of its famous wines.
When to book flights
It’s best to book your flights from Athens to Santorini as early as possible to get the best deals. The summer months are peak season, so flights tend to be more expensive during this time. Booking your flights at least two to three months in advance can help you save money.
Getting to the Airport
Athens International Airport has located about 20 km from the city center. The best way to get to the airport is by taxi, which takes 30-45 minutes and costs between EUR35 to EUR50. You can also take the metro, a cheaper option, costing around EUR10. It takes around 45 minutes to get to the airport by metro.
Arriving in Santorini
Santorini has one airport, Santorini International Airport, which is located near the town of Kamari. You can take a taxi or shuttle bus from the airport to your accommodation. Taxis can be expensive, so booking in advance is best to get a good deal. Alternatively, you can take the local bus, which runs regularly and is cheaper.
Flying from Athens to Santorini is a quick and easy way to travel between two of Greece’s most popular destinations. With several airlines offering flights, finding a flight that suits your budget and schedule is easy. By following the tips in this complete travel guide, you can make your journey from Athens to Santorini stress-free and enjoyable.